1. Dogs that are over 6 months of age, that have not received their basic immunizations, will not be allowed to participate in group play activities.
2. Sam & Danni’s strives to provide a healthy, fun & safe environment that owners and pets enjoy. It is important to recognize that not every pet is a good fit for a group play environment and owners should be mindful and look at different daycare packages or daycare types that would include individual playtimes for their pet. Dogs that pose risk to staff or other pet guests due to aggressive behavior towards people or other pet guests, will not be permitted to participate in group activities for safety reasons.
3. Even though dogs may be in good health, and even with the healthy environment that Sam & Dannie’s maintains, when dogs interact with other dogs and dog owners, they can catch flu, COVID19, tick-borne or other illnesses. The transmission of illnesses is an inherent and assumed risk for each dog and owner who chooses to use Sam & Danni’s services. Sam & Danni’s will not, be responsible for transmission of illnesses that may result from its services nor healthcare costs for dogs that may have contracted illnesses while at daycare.
4. Sam & Danni’s always has staff supervising dogs 100% of the time while dogs are out for any playtimes whether in individual or group settings. However, dogs play rough! For example, dogs grab each other with their mouths and every so often will get into scuffles with each other and, from time to time, dogs will get small nicks, cuts, or punctures from other dogs’ teeth and paws. If an owner chooses to have her/his pet in group play setting, the owner needs to be aware of the potential for injuries, and the owner assumes the risks and any veterinary or other costs associated with any injuries. Sam & Danni’s is not, and will not be, responsible for any costs resulting from injuries.
5. Sam & Danni’s reserves the right to pull any dogs from group play activities at any time if a dog’s behavior shows potential safety risk to staff or other pet guests. If a dog is removed, that dog may no longer be able to participate in group setting play, and will only be allowed to participate in individual daycare.
6. Sam & Danni’s includes break periods or quiet time for pets throughout our daycare day. These break times and quiet times allow pets time to rest, eat, sleep, and just to get away from the pack. All day play can be a ton of activity for even the most fit dogs, so breaks are important for dogs’ mental and physical needs.
7. Our outside play areas have “pea rock” on the ground to keep pets clean, to provide a dry surface for the dogs to run on, and to allow for drainage. This is the same material that is used for playgrounds at schools and parks throughout the country. Owners should be aware that dogs play and run hard throughout the day, and some pets’ paws may become a bit swollen, red or what we call “raw paw” until the pets’ paws get used to all the activity. If we notice paws getting sore, or if the pet becomes exhausted due to weather, age, or pet fitness level, Sam & Danni’s reserves the right to limit or cut playtime lengths on any given day.
8. Any daycare pet not picked up by 6 p.m. will be changed in our system to a boarding dog, and the owner will be charged an overnight stay along with the daycare fee for that day. Also, we close at 6 p.m. so please DO NOT ask staff to stay and wait for you if you are running late. If you are running late, please familiarize yourself with our “AFTER HOURS PICKUP” pick-up service.
9. Before and after hours pickup is available for our daycare clients only. It is a free service, so please ask a team member about a key and how this service works, and when you pick-up your pet, please place the key in the drop box on the wall before you leave. Please remember the keys are the property of Sam & Danni’s, and if you lose or fail to return a key, you will be charged a $20.00 fee for a replacement key.